8:23 PM

February 18, 2019
8:11 PM | Monday


Today, I brought Sehun to the veterinarian for a surgery. There's this lump of fat near his butthole, which had been continuously growing since last year. As I've been hearing a lot about cancer cases in dogs, my mom and I had to act immediately. Fortunately, the surgery went well (although Sehun's obviously in pain due to the stitches now that the anesthesia has subsided) and the lump didn't have tentacles yet. He's safe.


I watched the whole medical procedure and it's just so worrying that I kept on murmuring prayers to St. Francis of Assisi, the patron of animals and animal lovers. Sehun on a state of trance due to the anesthetics was such a heartbreaking sight. He was fighting the drowse while his tongue was stuck out limply. While it wasn't the first time I saw him in such state, it was nonetheless a painful thing to see.


That moment, I just realize how much precious my pets' lives are, or other people's pets (for that matter). Along with my mom, dad and brother, they're my family. These dogs are the ones who never left me at my worse. Whenever I wake up to numbness, asking myself why the fuck did I wake up, they'll be the ones to convince me that I had to continue; so I can take care of them or they can take care of me, both way works.


I know I'm not exactly an animal welfare advocate. I am not a vegetarian. But I don't want to discard my ability to love animals. They deserve to be loved so they may be able to serve the purpose assigned to them by God.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.