7:41 AM

February 25, 2019
7:27 AM | Monday

It's a holiday today, but it doesn't feel like so for me since I really don't have work on Mondays. But i still seems like I do because of the tasks I need to actually complete with the day.


It has grown on me: the significance of to-do lists. It guides me throughout the day and really helps in organizing my otherwise cluttered mind. There is this undeniable satisfaction in checking each item as done as it really makes me feel I'm doing something very useful in my life - one thing I never really convinced myself I do.

Like yesterday, I went broke once again, but I'm happy to know that I've paid off my Eastwest Credit Card debt and had settled like a third of my Unionbank Credit Card. I also got to pay Joanna and Lee. So now, I'm left with my loan in Cooperative and my liabilities in the organization; plus the remaining balance on my Unionbank card. Once Sheila pays, I'll just put it all on my Unionbank card and deposit the rest to a savings account.

Come to think of it, I'm getting back on track with my finances. Although my salary loan is extended, I think it's already nice that I'm starting to free myself from debts. It's relieving, to say the least. Nothing beats the feeling of freedom from monthly interests and penalties.



-----


A lot of people say that money is important. Well, it is; and we can't discard such fact with pushing love and everything else as something that matters more. Love and everything else matters, but on a different level. We cannot function without money.

But money is a double-edged sword so it's still up to us, people, on how we're going to handle its power. While it's not wrong to depend on it, we need to know our limits. We need to set our boundaries. Money does make the world go round, but it shouldn't let us ruin us. Money is there for us to use. We cannot let it use us instead.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.